How Drug Addiction (substance use disorder) affects the body?
Drug addiction or substance use disorder is a disease that affects individual behavior and the brain. Once you addicted to a drug you cannot resist the desire for it. No matter how much it may cause harm to your health. Drug addiction is not just about cocaine, heroin, or any other illegal drug. Alcohol, anxiety, sleep medications, and nicotine also included in drugs.
You should get treatment earlier for drug addiction otherwise it can cause terrible health consequences.
How You Get addicted to drugs?
The chance of addiction and how quickly you become addicted depends on the variety of drugs. Some opioid pain killer drugs have more risks to cause addiction rapidly than others.
As time passes you may need high doses of drugs. As you increase the use of these drugs you will feel that it is difficult to go without drugs. If you will make effort to stop those drugs you may feel the intense craving and make you feel physically ill.
Symptoms of Drug Addiction
• You may feel the desire to use that drug again.
• Having severe urges for the drug that blocks you’re any other thought.
• You can do rush driving or other risky activities.
• You will spend money on drugs event if you cannot afford.
• Continue using that drug even if you know it causing physical and mental problems.
How to find out harmful drug use in your family?
It is a bit difficult to find out somebody using drugs in your family because sometimes teenager moodiness is similar.
Possible indications can be:
- Frequent drop in school performance and work, disinterest in work or school activities.
- They may feel physical illness.
- Frequent lack of interest in grooming, clothing, and looks
- They can suddenly create money issues without any sensible clarification.
What to do if drug addiction has caused to somebody?
You should need help from your physician, friends, family, and get the proper treatment to conquer your substance use disorder and stay healthy and drug-free.